Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Anurag Basu's and Barbara Mori's Cancer Fight

Did you know that both Barbara Mori and Anurag Basu, director of Kites suffered from cancer. Both of them fought the disease bravely and are now hale and hearty

Anurag Basu:: It was a typical filmi dramatic point. One day I started bleeding from my mouth. I was diagnosed with acute leukemia, while my wife was pregnant with our first kid. At that point, I still didn't know I was suffering from leukemia.

One day, Bhatt saab [producer Mahesh Bhatt, Basu's mentor] came to meet me and he was shaking and weeping. I felt that there was something seriously wrong with me. I was bleeding from everywhere.
I called one of my doctor cousins and was shifted to the Tata Memorial Center (a cancer hospital in Mumbai), where I came to know about my situation. I was put on a ventilator.

I wanted to be okay before my wife's delivery. I wanted to see my child before I died. The doctors told me to have will power and I fought with chemotherapy and medicines.I realized that no one would give me work because I was a patient. I understood their viewpoint. I moved backed to television, though I had already directed a hit in Murder.

I wanted to survive and make money for my treatment. I did some small serials for my own production house. After that, Bhatt saab gave me Gangster.

 Barbara Mori's Cancer Fight: I had cancer of the uterus," she says. "It was diagnosed at an early stage and I underwent a surgery. When I heard the news, I knew I was going to be a fighter but even then I could not believe it was happening to me. At that time it looked like I had everything -- my son, popularity, a beautiful home, love from my friends and fans, and then suddenly everything seemed to shatter."






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments