Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rani Mukherjee: I will work with Yash Raj all my life

Several Rani Mukherji fans felt disappointed when she wasted a few years of life doing inconsequential roles for the Yash Raj banner. Finally with No One Killed Jessica, Rani looks back in form doing what she does best: acting in ballsy films. Here, this reserved actress gives her answers on her latest career moves.

You're back on screen after almost a year-and-a-half. Why have your screen appearances become so sparse?
I've not become that selective. As an actor, I do roles that I enjoy. I can't randomly do roles or be present in a film without contributing much to it. I have done that before. My fans expect a certain Rani Mukerji on-screen. If they don't get that, they will be disappointed. I can only do roles that are great for me as an actor and that are meaty. I don't talk about the roles that I have rejected. I don't say things like, 'Oh, this came to me, but I said no.' I'm not an actor like that.

Your last few films with Yash Raj haven't done well. Is that why you stepped out of the camp?
No actor sticks to one production house. An actor is here to act and pick great roles and scripts. I was getting great roles from Yash Raj at that point — roles that any actor would give an arm to do. I stand by those films regardless of their fate. When I get a film from another production house, I do it. Having said that, Yash Raj is a very important banner. I'd love to work with it all my life





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments