Sunday, March 6, 2011

Anurag Kashyap ridicules Salman, Arbaaz Khan

The always frank Anurag Kashyap focused his ire on Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, albeit sarcastically. He put this status on his social networking site profile “Salman Khan thinks he made my brother’s life. Hope he does the same for when he does Dabangg 2. All the Best.”

A few minutes later, he posted another message “Abhinav Singh Kashyap…you rock…I love you..Show them what you are made of.” The “them” obviously means the Khan brothers. Anurag Kashyap’s outburst against Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan comes close on the heels of the news of producer Arbaaz Khan directing the sequel of Dabangg.


Both Arbaaz and Anurag Kashyap are infamously known for ridiculing people online, with a reason, of course. While Arbaaz Khan openly taunted Shobhaa De for picking on his film, Anurag Kashyap had attacked Amitabh Bachchan for manipulating movie releases.

Coming to this point, Arbaaz Khan had revealed on Twitter, “Hey guys, it is true. I will be directed the sequel of Dbangg. Abhinav for personal and professional reasons has opted out.” It is known that both Abhinav and Salman had issues during the making of Dabangg but once the film became a megahit, all was forgotten when awards and rewards began streaming in. But things have resurfaced when Dabangg 2 is on the anvil. But Abhinav began to get a feeling of déjà vu again when the movie was on the scripting stage and backed off.

Anurag has denied that there is an film to be made with SRK and he said his reason for backing out of Dabangg 2 was a well thought one, which Arbaaz had respected. “If Dabangg 2 worked, them I would have to make Dabangg 3. But if it fails, then you would all write that I was a one-film wonder,” he said.


Here is now an exchange of verbal volleys between Arbaaz Khan and Anurag Kashyap

Arbaaz Khan through Twitter: : Salman Khan has already made my life with Dabangg and I appreciate it. I don't need Dabangg 2 for that. We gave Abhinav an opportunity. Why wasn't Anurag backing his brother at that time? Where was he when his brother was doing rounds of the industry with his script for two years?"As soon as I got Salman's dates, I called Abhinav up to start work on it. Out of nowhere, he sends me a text saying he is opting out, without offering a reason. In any case, I am glad it happened now, rather than later."

Anurag Kashyap: (volte-face, anyone?) I wish them luck. I am thankful they gave my brother the break. I apologise to everyone(for the earlier comment). I was drunk and upset at the time. In reply to Arbaaz, the reason I didn't support Abhinav is because my brother wanted to make it on his own without my help.

Abhinav(on being told about the rift between brother Anurag and friend Arbaaz)
: It's unfortunate. This is the first I'm hearing of it (from you). I told my dad that I opted out of Dabangg but not my brother (as he was shooting in Benares). Anurag is emotional and has over reacted.

He didn't know why I am not part of the sequel. When I told him why, he immediately deleted the comment from Facebook and Twitter." I hold no malice towards Arbaaz Khan. I am grateful for a great opportunity. I opted out of the film for personal reasons and it's very gracious of Arbaaz for having understood that. I had a word with Arbaaz, too. It was a misunderstanding that is now sorted out. I hope it is not held against me."

Though both the producer and the director have maintained that they have parted amicably, Anurag Kashyap’s outburst on Facebook against Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan has opened a new can of worms. Do you think, that there is more than what meets the eye?



3 comments:

Rohinakau said...

Industry mein it goes on boss

Rohinakau said...

In bollywood this line of tug of war goes on....

Rohinakau said...

In industry tug of war goes on...

Post a Comment

Recent Comments