Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bollywood's Number 1 Actress-Kareena Kapoor

Kareena Kapoor is beaming with Bollywood's Number 1 actress tag. And why shouldn't she be? She is the only actress whose movies have made more than 100 crore business. Kareena Kapoor in the last three years have given mega blockbusters that have crossed Rs. 100 crores, Golmaal Returns (2008), 3 Idiots (2009), Golmaal 3(2010) and Bodyguard (2011). Plus Kareena Kapoor is the only Bollywood actress to have percentage share in the profits of a movie, her Madhur Bhandarkar movie is sure to have her get a share in the profits of the film apart from her Rs. 8 crore fee.



With so many laurels, the normally ambitious Kareena is happy to be in relationship with her love of life, Saif Ali Khan.

Your equation with the three big Khans must be quite different...
They basically see me as Lolo's (Karisma Kapoor) little sister. With each of them, the relationship is very professional. Like Salman has his quirks, so do SRK and Aamir. They also know how I work, so there is a comfort level.

Is Aamir your favourite of the lot?
Everyone knows I am a huge Aamir fan. We share great chemistry, but I think Saif and I also make a deadly pair in Agent Vinod. It's probably why he insisted on casting me in this film.

Are you insecure when Saif casts other heroines in his home productions?
Not at all! I'm actually looking forward to a film where he'd be cast opposite Priyanka (Chopra). There's something very approachable about her and something very suave and sexy about Saif. Their pairing would work well.


On a personal note, we hear Saif and you are getting hitched next February...
I also hear about how many carats Saif has gifted me, and the desert we'll be serving at our wedding! It's very intriguing. I barely manage to meet my family and Saif and people are already planning my wedding in their heads.

Why hide marriage plans, especially since you've said you're ready for it?
I am the only actress who can proudly proclaim to have a personal and professional life. I don't understand when people say things like they don't have time for love. I have given some of my biggest hits with Saif in my life. What bigger proof that it works if you balance it out. There was a point when I said I want to do nothing but work. Now that has changed. My relationship is of utmost importance. So when a date is fixed, we will let everyone know.

Is there family pressure? What does your sister have to say?
She asks me to enjoy life and work at my own pace. Plus, nothing will change after marriage. I may cook for Saif when I get the time, but otherwise it's going to be the same.

You're doing the Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai sequel. Would you be comfortable if (former boyfriend) Shahid joins the cast?
I still have to read the script, but I would be okay with anyone.

Are you in touch with Shahid?
I don't pick up the phone and talk to him, but there is no bad blood between us. It's a chapter in my life both Saif and I respect, and it will always be like that.

Lastly, is there a role you recently saw and wish you did?
All of Meryl Streep's roles. It's incredible what she does. I wish, when I am 60, I work as much as her. That would be something.


1 comments:

asmah said...

kareena kapoor hotter than aish & kareena is younge but aish is old women now

Post a Comment

Recent Comments