Monday, September 12, 2011

Gautam Rajadhyaksha Dead, Gautam Rajadhyaksha's Photography work lives on

Gautam Rajadhyaksha, one of India's leading fashion photographers, passed away at 4 am today of a massive heart attack. He was 61. Cousin of the popular author Shobhaa De, Gautam Rajadhyaksha is credited with photographing almost all the icons of the Indian film industry.

Shobhha De tweeted about Gautam Rajadhyaksha passing away:
My darling Gautam Rajadhyaksha no more.Saddened beynd belief.Farewell confidante-cousin.Thank u 4 your generous love nd soft focus memories.

Celebrities at Twitter mourned the loss:

Karan Johar Gautam rajadhyaksha was one my most favourite people in the fraternity...funny,sensitive and always positive.. I love you gautam and I miss u When I was hugely overweight...gautam told me.."Darling...not that it makes a difference but try to give me your left profile...it may help!

Madhur Bhandarkar: Shocked 2 hear abt d demise of best portraitist photogpher Gautam Rajadhyaksha. He was a great human being & will b missed always. RIP!

Atul Kasbekar My Guru n Mentor, Gautam Rajadhyaksha passed away this morning. my principal influence n a truly wonderful, gentle, kind n talented man.

Shreya Goshal:Just heard about the sudden demise of Gautam Rajadhyaksha ji. Rest in peace. :(

Farhan Akhtar:Rest in Peace, Gautam. Will miss you and remember you with fondest memories.

Pritish Nandy:Gautam Rajadhyaksha was a friend. He did some of the best pictures for the Weekly. And I shall miss him. RIP

Gautam Rajadhyaksha' photos and pictures

Gautam Rajadhyaksha's photography work Faces, a coffee table book that released in 1997 contained 45 eminent personalities like they were never photographed before, starting from Durga Khote to Aishwarya Rai.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments