Thursday, May 26, 2011

Character Deela copied from Mohabbat Naam Hain Kis Ka?

The red hot song Character Dheela is copied from Mohabbat Naam Hain Kiss Ka (Ajnabee) if you go by Anu Malik’s statements.


"The full tempo, the full tune has been taken and ripped off," Anu said. "I had liked the song and had called and congratulated Aneesji for such a fantastic song. Then I found that I was clapping for my own song," he added.
Accused of plagirazing many times in the 90s, Anu Malik said that he was considering filing a suit.

"We have to take a legal opinion and then take a call. I will talk to my lawyer first as it is a straight rip-off of my song," He wonders why Pritam didn't bother to give credit to R.D. Burman for using his composition in the title song of Rohan Sippy's "Dum Maaro Dum".

"First of all they copied Panchamda's tune and called it their own. 'Dum maro dum' is actually Panchamda's composition. They don't even give credit. It's terrible. You cannot copy other's composition and call it your own and then get away and get applause," he said.

However, Salman Khan has come to the rescue of Pritam who has been quite stressed of late due to these accusations. "At Ready's music event, when people were quizzing Pritam about his lyrics, Salman asked the media why they were questioning Pritam about it as he is the music director and not the lyricist.""When someone again asked the composer about Anu Malik's assertion, Salman quipped, Haan thoda bahut tune similar hoga lekin Pritam ne Anu ka flop song likkhke gaana hit bana diya!"


Pritam says, "I am not very good at defending myself, so when Salman defended me I became emotional. In fact when I came back to my room, Bhai came in, touched my shoulder and said, 'I have cleared all the points the media had against you dude. I hope you are okay now. Nobody will trouble you after this!'"

Pritam has now decided to take legal action against such allegations. "It's very disheartening that people come up with false and baseless allegations all the time. I have asked my legal team to respond to every accusation, in court," he said.

Ready producer Bhushan Kumar says, "When a song like Mein karoon toh saala becomes a hit everyone wants a piece of the pie. The court dismissed the petition of the guy who claimed that these were his lyrics, yesterday. Salman was very sweet and defended Pritam who has been under a lot of stress, lately."
DO YOU THINK THAT CHARACTER DHEELA SONG IS LIFTED FROM MOHABBAT NAAM HAIN KISKA OF ANU MALIK. Do drop in your comments.

]


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments