Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dino Morea wants to be the face of Indian football in FIFA


Bollywood is also geared for the FIFA World Cup Football seasons that kickstarts on June 11 in South Africa. Dino Morea is willing to go any lengths to promote football in India. He is keen to see India participate in the FIFA World Cup League. He has offered to be the brand ambassador for Indian football for free.


Dino says, "I want to give soccer that push to make it more popular. I am not looking at any compensation or endorsement for it. I want to offer my services to any organisation that has the potential to push football in our country. We can have a World Cup squad if the impetus is right. There are so many regions in the country where football has a huge following." He adds, "It is a sport I am familiar with as I play it. I have been the face of Goa football.There are several teams there like the Churchill Bros Sports Club, Salgaocar SC and Dempo SC. I attend their events and support their causes."


Dino Morea laments about the plight of football in India. He rues, "It's sad that India does not even qualify for the FIFA World Cup. Decades ago, in 1950, when India was invited by FIFA to participate in Brazil they could not take part as they had no shoes! They played barefoot."

Dino says that Indian football needs more funding and associations like Board of Control for Cricket in India should contribute. He points out, It is important that one cash-rich sport body help a needy one."

The actor is planning to fly to South Africa for the finals of the FIFA World Cup 2010 finale. "I am rooting for Italy, " he points out.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments