Monday, October 3, 2011

Mahie Gill Divorce, Past life

Mahie Gill has firmly found her footing in Bollywood. However things were not so rosy for her five years ago.     After her divorce, Mahie decided to leave the old baggage of sadness and turbulence behind and focussed on films.

Mahie was married and settled in Chandigarh. It was a love marriage but the relationship headed into stormy weather with lots of conflicts, till it finally ended in divorce. The separation was not a peaceful one.  When she came to Mumbai to try her luck in Hindi films, things were not so easy for her.


Mahie had to struggle for 3 years before she finally met director Anurag Kashyap, who directed her in Dev D, giving her the dream role of Paro, albeit the modernized version of the character in the famous novel.

Mahie confirms,   "I decided to move to Mumbai after I went through a low phase due to the separation. My biggest support system was my mother who believed in me and supported me throughout.Even though she was initially against my decision to shift to Mumbai as she was worried about me, she has always been my pillar especially after my father passed away 10 years ago. After moving to Mumbai I had no work and struggled for three and a half years. I did some theatre when I was a struggler.”

 About her past life, Mahie says, ""At the moment I am not looking for a relationship since I don't have the time. I want somebody who respects me, that's what I really want. My life has been like a film with a mix of drama, romance, pain and emotions.Whatever happens, happens for good and I don't have any regrets in my life. I am not in touch with my ex but I wish him all the best. He's a nice person otherwise and we have common friends."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments